Bowls Big Weekend
Bowls Big Weekend is back for 2022
Biddenden Bowls Club took part in this years Bowls England Bowls Big Weekend on Sunday 29th May. Whilst the weather was a bit cool it it was great to welcome 8 visitors to the green for a roll up and chat. We look forward to welcoming them back over the coming weeks.
If you missed bowls big weekend but you would like to come along for a bowl JUST CONTACT US THROUGH THE CONTACT PAGE, EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07795802630 and we will arrange a date and time for you to come down. All equipment is provided - all you need is a pair of flat soled shoes/trainers.
Bowls Big Weekend 2021
"The Bowls’ Big Weekend was a national event which took place on Friday 28th to Monday 31st May, providing the opportunity for people to give bowls a go. Up and down the country bowls clubs opened their doors to people who wanted to try a new sport, have some fun and meet new people. Biddenden Bowls Club took part iand held events on 30th and 31st May.
A steady supply of tea/coffee/soft drinks was served as well as some excellent Sue J cakes.
Families came along with children aged 1 upwards and everyone had the chance to have a bowl. 13 aged from 7 to 14 showed what good bowlers they will be - hopefully a few junior coaching and competition sessions can now be arranged for them.
5 Reasons to have a go
We believe everybody should realise the joy and benefit of playing sport, and there are so many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these fantastic advantages. Here are our top 5 reasons to give bowls a try:
1. Playing bowls is very doable. Whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive. To get going you don’t need lots of new kit and clubs put on taster sessions for free. Even when you get the bug, a set of bowls and joining a club can cost as little as £90.
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country. With so many places to play, it’ll take no time at all to get to a bowls club close to your home.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with your family.
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.