Biddenden Bowls Club
Ladies Triples Tournament
Welcome to our Ladies Tournament - 2019
Our annual ladies triples tournament is taking place on 8th August 2019. It will very much follow the format of previous years and we look forward to welcoming "old friends" and some new teams. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather!!
Maggie Plant (tournament organiser) has emailed invitations to previous competitors and local clubs but if you have any queries you can contact Maggie on 01580 720250 or firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us via the contact page on this site.
Outline Tournament Guidelines:
- Please arrive and register at least 20 minutes before your allocated start time. (Starts are 9.30 or 10.50)
- Teams will have three games of 9 ends (to be confirmed nearer the date).
- Dress - whites or club colours. Sandals can be worn but at your own risk.
- Finding us - our postcode address for SatNav is TN27 8BB. The entrance is in the lay-by opposite Biddenden Village Hall. You need to turn off the A28 into Old Mill Court and then immediately bear left into first car park. Continue past the playing field and to the right of the squash club. The bowls club is on the left at the far end of the car park. There is plenty of parking.
- FOOD - There will be a complimentary tea or coffee on arrival. Our grill has become very popular over recent years and will be running again this year. Hot bacon/egg/chipolata rolls will be on sale - you may like to put in a lunch order with our chefs when you arrive. Throughout the day, tea and coffee as well as homemade cakes, scones and sausage rolls will be available. If this is not enough remember to bring your picnic lunch.
- Prize Money - £90 for the winning triple, £60 for the runner up triple and £30 for the third placed triple.
- All prizes will be presented at the end of the tournament by our sponsor, Seventy Seven Wealth Management, at approximately 5pm. No team will be allowed to win more than one prize during the day (see below for the extra competitions).
- If you have any queries you can contact Maggie on 01580 720250 or email@example.com or you can contact us via the contact page on this site.
- The rules for the day are shown below.
9th August 2018 - Tournament
Winners - Kemsley Bowls Club - Gina, Cheryl, Lorena.
Joint runners up - Northiam BC, Hunton BC and Marden/Ditton BC
Sadly after the weeks of unbroken sunshine, torrential rain set in forcing us to suspend the tournament after the first full round of games. It was a tough call for Laurie and Maggie to make but all agreed it was the right decision. However, all competitors played 9 ends and we were able to declare a winner.
Thank you to all our visiting ladies who braved the weather and managed to keep smiles on their faces and a sense of humour despite getting very wet and a bit chilly. We hope to see you all again next year when we are sure the sun will shine.
Support from club members was excellent both in the run up to the day and on the day itself. Provision of cakes and raffle prizes, beautiful hanging baskets and pots, work on the green and surrounds, putting up gazebos and then on the day "manning" the car park, serving tea/coffee/cakes, running the raffle, producing sausages, bacon and eggs on the BBQ, working around the green and many other things which all help make the day a success despite what the weather can throw at us!! Thanks to everyone and well done to Maggie and Laurie for once again taking on the planning and organisation.
Extra Competitions to add even more fun to the day.
Individual - there will be a free spider before the first game you play (one for the early starters and one for the later starters)
There will be a small prize for the team with the largest shot difference at the end of the first two games (there is a count back system in the event of a draw)
To keep you competitive until the last bowl of the last end, there will be a further small prize for the team scoring the most shots on any one end during their last game of the day. (once again a count back system in the event of a draw)
- Each game will consist of nine (9) ends. (approx. 1 hour). Teams will toss a coin for the first mat
- No trial ends. Jacks will be put up at the bell
- No visits to the head
- One (1) shot on the FIRST END of EACH game
- A point will be given for each end won plus three (3) points for the win. One and a half (1 1/2) points each for a drawn game.
- If an end is killed the opposing team will be awarded the end with a two shot score.
- The winner will be the team with most points at the end of the play. In the event of a draw the number of games won, overall shots and then shot difference count.
- Standard rules and laws for triples will apply. Sandals may be worn at your own risk.
- The Umpire's and Tournament Organisers' decision will be final
- YOU WILL ENJOY YOURSELVES!