Ladies Tournament 2023
Ladies Open Triples Tournament 10th August, 2023
Kemsley Bowls Club team were the worthy winners of the Ladies Open Triples Tournament this year. It was a close run contest, the winners scoring 29 points, coming second were Hunton A with 28 points and third position went to Hartley Country Club with 27 points.
The winning team of Tracey Stratfull, Angela Nutten and Cheryl Emery were presented with the Ladies day trophy and prize money by Sonny from our sponsors SeventySeven Wealth Management.
The Spider competitions were won by Barbara Rich - Charing and Barbara Baker - Folkestone.
Highest Shot difference, games one and two went to Charing A - 11 shots.
Most Shots on an end, game three went to Headcorn A - 7 shots.
The weather was very kind warm and sunny but not too hot unlike last year. Many delicious 'eat in you seat' salads enjoyed along with the wonderful homemade cakes on offer. The bacon baps also did a roaring trade.
Many thanks to our other sponsors Biddenden Vineyards for the excellent bottles provided for Spider prizes and thank you too for the support received from Fuggles Funeral Directors of Tenterden.
Club members worked hard to make the day a success, thank you to: Brian and Christine keeping our scores under control, Shirley helped by Jill producing all the lunches, Jeannette co ordinating the tea room, Sue and Ruth in charge of the drinks, Pat and Sally looking after the raffle, Marianne looking after the cake table, Jim, Gail, David for the bacon baps, and Paul and Jim and team looking after all to do with the perfect green. Kim for taking care of and playing along with Maggie, Denise and Kate standing in when and where needed, and Karl for co ordinating the 1-100 game.
It was a fun day full of some excellent bowling, including a Hot Shot from Headcorn team A.
Look forward to seeing you all next year.
Extra Competitions to add even more fun to the day.
Individual - there will be a free spider before the first game you play (one for the early starters and one for the later starters)
There will be a small prize for the team with the largest shot difference at the end of the first two games (there is a count back system in the event of a draw)
To keep you competitive until the last bowl of the last end, there will be a further small prize for the team scoring the most shots on any one end during their last game of the day. (once again a count back system in the event of a draw)
- Each team will play three games with a maximum of nine (9) ends. A bell will be rung to start each game. One hour 5 minutes a second bell will be rung after which no more jacks are to be delivered. All ends in play when the second bell is rung may be completed.
- Teams will toss a coin for the first mat.
- No trial ends. Jacks will be put up after the start bell has been rung.
- No visits to the head.
- One (1) shot on the FIRST END of EACH game.
- A point will be given for each end won plus three (3) points for a win and one (1) point for a draw.
- If an end is killed the opposing team will be awarded the end with a two (2) shot score.
- The winners will be the team with the most points at the end of play. In the event of a draw the number of games won, overall shots total and then shot difference count.
- Standard rules and laws for triples play will apply.
- The Umpire and Tournament Organisers decision will be final.
LADIES TRIPLES TOURNAMENT 12th August 2021.
What a great day we had!! The weather was kind and 23 visiting ladies triples teams from around Kent and Sussex plus one reserve team from Biddenden enjoyed the day and played some wonderful bowls. Lenham A were worthy winners with "Hunton" Runners Up and Folkestone A in 3rd.
Many thank yous are needed to:
- 77 Wealth Management, our main club sponsors and long term supporters of our Ladies Day for contributing the prize money. We were delighted that Clare de Jersey-Lowney (along with her canine friend Haggis) was able to join us present the prizes.
- Our other sponsors and business supporters including - Fuggles Funeral Directors and Biddenden Vineyards. Also other local businesses who very kindly donated prizes for our raffle.
- Our excellent umpire David White
- Our Members with specific co-ordination tasks including Ray & Malcolm our scorers, Ann & Elaine who co-ordinated the raffle, Jeannette who co-ordinated the "tea room", Sue J who collected the home baked cakes and savouries, Paul and Jim who oversaw the green and surrounds preparation, Shirley for organising the the BBQ, Denise for the 1-100 (ably supported by Carl on the day!)
- The many other members who were there on the day or who helped in the run up to get everything ready. It is a long list but a great contribution from across our membership including many for whom this was their first Ladies Tournament.
- Last but not least a HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE LADIES WHO CAME ALONG TO PLAY and to the supporters who came along with them.
This is a big day for Biddenden Bowls Club and of course an important fund raiser. The club committee would like to mention Barbara who took on the role of co-ordinating and organising this years tournament and who has done an amazing job. Having been unable to hold our 2020 tournament, it was good to be back and we look forward to 11th August 2022 when we will do it all again!!
A final big thank you to Maggie and Laurie who have co-ordinated/organised our successful run of tournaments for a number of years and who set a very high standard for Barbara to follow. Maggie's handover folder and support to Barbara over the past year was invaluable.
Coming soon: LADIES TRIPLES TOURNAMENT : Thursday 11th August, 2022.
Chance to win a Bumper Hamper on the day as well as the excellent prizes on offer in the raffle. List in Club House for members to contribute to the Bumper Hamper in addition to the raffle prizes for the Ladies Tournament. Please have a look.