Ladies Triples Tournament
BIDDENDEN BOWLS CLUB pleased to announce next year's date for the Ladies Open Triples Tournament will be Thursday 10th August, 2023. Keep the date! Further information to follow early next year.
LADIES OPEN TRIPLES TOURNAMENT ON THURSDAY 11TH AUGUST, 2022.
The Tournament was held on one of the hottest days of the year but the weather did not stop our players eager and ready to play their best bowls in the matches. It was decided by the organising team to reduce play to 8 ends per game as a consession to the heat.
Players started arriving early finding shady areas to sit while waiting for their matches to start. Before the tournament began each group took part in two Spider competitions. Winners were: Sharon Forward from Westfield BC and Jill Marshall from Hamstreet.
The tournament ran over the day, much use was made of the BBQ and the wonderful cakes on offer. The much needed fine water spray and ice cream all helped to cool players down.
Raffle prizes were drawn with a lucky winner going on a family steam train ride, there was a meal at the Vine for two on offer, just two of the many prizes available.
Kemsley BC - Tracey Stratful, Cheryl Emery, Angela Nutten played a brilliant Hot Shot and then went on to win the Most Shot Difference competition. Most Shots on an End competition was won by a team from Hamstreet BC - Lesley Bruce, Jill Marshall, and Val Haywood.
Tournament Scores were: 3rd Place with 22 pts. Appleyard and Sutton - Stephanie Crates, Di Double, Carol McGrail
2nd Place with 24 pts Westfield BC - Pamela Borden, Jo Sargent, Sue Fowler
Winners with 25 pts. Hartley Country BC - Susan Brightman, Sandra Golding, Sheila Butcher.
Winners and runners up were presented with a trophy and cash prizes by David Summers from our sponsors SeventySeven Wealth Management Ltd. Biddenden Bowls club would also like to thank Biddenden Vineyards and TW Fuggle and Son for their continued support of the Ladies Tournament. Many thanks to our umpire David White for all his help. Special thanks to all the members of the Biddenden Bowls club who worked so hard during the course of the day in some very trying conditions to make the day so successful.
It was a fun day for everyone that came to play or spectate and there was some excellent bowling displayed during the day in spite of the very challenging weather conditions.
We look forward to next year!
Date to be decided soon!
Extra Competitions to add even more fun to the day.
Individual - there will be a free spider before the first game you play (one for the early starters and one for the later starters)
There will be a small prize for the team with the largest shot difference at the end of the first two games (there is a count back system in the event of a draw)
To keep you competitive until the last bowl of the last end, there will be a further small prize for the team scoring the most shots on any one end during their last game of the day. (once again a count back system in the event of a draw)
- Each team will play three games with a maximum of nine (9) ends. A bell will be rung to start each game. One hour 5 minutes a second bell will be rung after which no more jacks are to be delivered. All ends in play when the second bell is rung may be completed.
- Teams will toss a coin for the first mat.
- No trial ends. Jacks will be put up after the start bell has been rung.
- No visits to the head.
- One (1) shot on the FIRST END of EACH game.
- A point will be given for each end won plus three (3) points for a win and one (1) point for a draw.
- If an end is killed the opposing team will be awarded the end with a two (2) shot score.
- The winners will be the team with the most points at the end of play. In the event of a draw the number of games won, overall shots total and then shot difference count.
- Standard rules and laws for triples play will apply.
- The Umpire and Tournament Organisers decision will be final.
LADIES TRIPLES TOURNAMENT 12th August 2021.
What a great day we had!! The weather was kind and 23 visiting ladies triples teams from around Kent and Sussex plus one reserve team from Biddenden enjoyed the day and played some wonderful bowls. Lenham A were worthy winners with "Hunton" Runners Up and Folkestone A in 3rd.
Many thank yous are needed to:
- 77 Wealth Management, our main club sponsors and long term supporters of our Ladies Day for contributing the prize money. We were delighted that Clare de Jersey-Lowney (along with her canine friend Haggis) was able to join us present the prizes.
- Our other sponsors and business supporters including - Fuggles Funeral Directors and Biddenden Vineyards. Also other local businesses who very kindly donated prizes for our raffle.
- Our excellent umpire David White
- Our Members with specific co-ordination tasks including Ray & Malcolm our scorers, Ann & Elaine who co-ordinated the raffle, Jeannette who co-ordinated the "tea room", Sue J who collected the home baked cakes and savouries, Paul and Jim who oversaw the green and surrounds preparation, Shirley for organising the the BBQ, Denise for the 1-100 (ably supported by Carl on the day!)
- The many other members who were there on the day or who helped in the run up to get everything ready. It is a long list but a great contribution from across our membership including many for whom this was their first Ladies Tournament.
- Last but not least a HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THE LADIES WHO CAME ALONG TO PLAY and to the supporters who came along with them.
This is a big day for Biddenden Bowls Club and of course an important fund raiser. The club committee would like to mention Barbara who took on the role of co-ordinating and organising this years tournament and who has done an amazing job. Having been unable to hold our 2020 tournament, it was good to be back and we look forward to 11th August 2022 when we will do it all again!!
A final big thank you to Maggie and Laurie who have co-ordinated/organised our successful run of tournaments for a number of years and who set a very high standard for Barbara to follow. Maggie's handover folder and support to Barbara over the past year was invaluable.
Coming soon: LADIES TRIPLES TOURNAMENT : Thursday 11th August, 2022.
Chance to win a Bumper Hamper on the day as well as the excellent prizes on offer in the raffle. List in Club House for members to contribute to the Bumper Hamper in addition to the raffle prizes for the Ladies Tournament. Please have a look.